Application to Register as a Haulier
If you have any issues completing the online form, please contact Bradford Markets on 01274 432245 or email Bradford.email@example.com.
St. James’s Wholesale Market
Fees and Charges
|Net Fee Payable||Total Fee Payable|
|Annual Fee||£102.50 + VAT||£123|
|Daily Permit||£4.17 + VAT||£5.00|
|Re-instatement following invalidation due to misuse||£20.00 + VAT||£24.00|
All Hauliers, Delivery Companies, or other Appropriate Organisations wishing to access St James’s Wholesale Market to deliver goods to Tenants are required to either:
- pay an annual fee which allows access to the site by any of the registered company’s vehicles, or
- pay an entry charge per visit/day.
Payment for day visits may be made at the Security Office at St James’s Wholesale Market. An official receipt will be given for the payment; this must be retained whilst on site during the day of issue, and must be presented to the Security Guard, or any other authorised employee or representative of Bradford Council, if so requested.
All applicants are required to complete this form in full then present this form along with the appropriate fee, at either:
- Markets Service, Unit 1-5 Kirkgate Market, Kirkgate Centre, Bradford, BD1 1TE, or
- Security Office, St James’s Wholesale Market, Essex Street, Bradford, BD4 7PN.
Cheques should be made payable to Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
Conditions of issue and use:
- Registration is only available to bone fide Hauliers, Delivery Companies, or other Appropriate Organisations.
- All persons entering the site are required to comply with all Regulations and Byelaws currently in Force at St James’s Wholesale Market, copies of which may be inspected at the Security Office during normal trading hours.
- Vehicles being driven on site must not exceed the speed limit of 5mph.
- Mis-use of the Admission Permit, including allowing it to be used by others, may lead to it being revoked without compensation.
- The City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council reserves the right for its Authorised Officers to refuse, at their sole discretion and without explanation, an application for a Haulier’s Admission Permit.
Failure to comply with any of the above conditions may result in the registration being invalidated without refund or compensation.
Normal Operational Times of Hauliers’ Permits
Hauliers’ permits are normally operational at all times (ie 24 hours per day, 7 days per week). However, these times may be varied from time to time, especially at bank/public holidays. Details of any temporary changes to normal hours of operation will be displayed at the Security Control office adjacent to the Market site entrance.
Useful Telephone Numbers
St James’s Wholesale Market – Security Control: 01274 432099
St James’s Wholesale Market – Market Superintendent: 01274 437623
Markets Service Head Office – payment queries: 01274 432175