Fri, Jun 18, 2021
This is a great addition to any dinner table and great to go with your Sunday roast, super simple but full of flavour.
- Cut a couple of leeks in to one inch pieces and gently simmer for five minutes
- Drain and place in an ovenproof serving dish.
- Make a light white sauce, by melting a tablespoon of butter, and stirring in some plain flour, slowly drizzle in milk until you have a thick cream consistency
- Stir in a big heaped teaspoon of wholegrain or Dijon mustard and pour over the leeks.
- Top with 100g of grated cheddar and bake in the oven at 180 degrees until bubbling and golden.
This dish is zingy and full of flavour, perfect with chicken or as a side dish at a family gathering.