Thu, Jun 16, 2022
Trader applications for new Darley Street Market now open
Obviously they are the ultimate portable healthy snack but they can also make a quick and tasty dessert that is still good for you.
- Chop a peeled banana in to about five chunks, pop in a freezer bag and freeze for the minimum of a couple of hours. This is a great way of using up bananas that you might otherwise throw away.
- Once they are frozen pop in the blender and blend until smooth and creamy, this is a revelation, it tastes just like soft serve ice cream. Eat straight away with some fresh fruit, a drizzle of chocolate or add your flavours at the blending stage. We love a teaspoon of peanut butter or chocolate spread for a more grown up flavour.
If you want a warming option, try simple baked bananas—
- Wrap an unpeeled banana in foil leaving a gap to let the air out
- slice along the length of the banana, be careful not to cut all the way through, you just want to cut the skin.
- Push some chocolate buttons or squares of chocolate in to the and roast in the oven on a medium heat for 20 minutes until the skin goes black.
Serve with a scoop of ice cream for a tasty hot and cold pudding.