You may have already seen the new dedicated events space that we have created in the middle of the market, it’s now complete and ready in time for our Christmas programme! We intend the space to be used for various promotional events, ‘pop up’ test trading, product launches or general awareness/fundraising campaigns throughout the year.
These events are aimed at showcasing to those new customers visiting the event space the wonderful products and services that are available in the market. Some of the event organisers that have booked the events space such as the Print Fair will heavily promote their event and bring with them their own customer base and our traders can hopefully benefit from the increased footfall.
For information, below is a list of the events that we have planned up to the end of the year
- Saturday 25th November: Top of Town Christmas Party with Bradford Print Fair, Sparrow Pop Up Bar, Sonia’s Vegan Food Pop Up & Xmas Food Walk hosted by Wur Bradford. The party will spill out on to the Oastler Square where there will be a festive arts, crafts and local produce market hosted by Made Bradford bringing local artisan traders and artists selling high-quality handmade goods and foods. Brick Box animation will also be putting on street entertainment in the square and around the Top of Town area involving local businesses, the public and market traders.
- Saturday 2nd December: Emma Hardcastle Book Reading & Bookstart Bear Winter Tour.
- Saturday 9th December: Young Enterprise Trade Fair & Pottery Workshop by Hive and Sonia’s Vegan Pop Up.
- Friday 15th December: NHS Winter Nutrition Stall & Ministry of Food Live Festive demonstrations.
- Saturday 16th December: Young Masters Festive Workshop with Local Sculpture & Craft Artists.
- Saturday 23rd December: The Pulse 2 Radio station promoting ‘Delights from the Stall’ competition which will run from early December with winners being announced on this day. The prizes will be from the products and services available in the market.
Throughout the rest of December the event space will be used for traditional festive entertainment including the Gawthorpe Brass Band, Harmonium Services & Pennine Chimes.
If you require any further information, or have any ideas for the events space, please contact Khansa Tufail, Markets Promotions & Marketing Officer on 01274 438849.